Reporting Options

    Criminal Reporting

  • police badge

    Make a Police Report

    You have multiple options for making a police report. This is this first step in pursuing a criminal justice process. 

     For the quickest response, call 911



    • Visit the CARE Office and an advocate can assist and accompany you to make a report
    • If possible, report to the police department where the incident occurred (e. g. UCPD, SC Sheriff's, SCPD)
    • Contact the police through their non-emergency numbers or visit the police station
    • An advocate can discuss police reporting with you, and accompany you through the process

  • Administrative Reporting

  • Title 9 icon

    Make a Title IX Report 

    The Title IX Office provides assistance in resolving and investigating complaints of sexual harassment and sexual violence.

     Find out more about Title IX.



    • The Title IX Office is a neutral body that can provide alternative resolutions or conduct formal investigations in response to reports
    • They may implement safety measures and No-Contact Directives
    • An advocate can discuss Title IX reporting with you, and accompany you through the process
    • You can report online or in-person